When installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup I get a "another installation is in progress" error
it stops in several places. But the first place it hangs, and returns this error is when it says: Install_sqlncli_Cpu64_Actions I've tried things like killing setups in task manager. But this dosn't help. the only setups that show up are attached to the main installation, and what ever secondary installation this message is trying to execute. if I skip the "second" installation, and skip this spot it hangs on; the main installation fails. How do I handle this? I'm just trying to get the server 2008 onto my pc. I had versions of 2005, and 2012 on my pc that I uninstalled. Are there any registry's or things I need to clear up to get this to stop happening? (confused)
June 22nd, 2012 5:32pm

SQL Server Setup & Upgrade forum would be the best place to ask this question. I would suggest you to create a ne thread in that forum for better support. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlsetupandupgrade/threads ThanksPress any key... What the ... Where's any key ? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2012 12:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics